Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 48: Referrals are great

7/23/17

Friends and Fam,


Changes this week! I said goodbye to Elder Heap on Friday Morning, and I’ve been with Elder Neves from Rio, Brasil. I’ve been practicing my Portuguese, and I think I’m getting better. Now I at least know more than crude words, because that’s what they usually end up teaching me.


We spent a lot of the week saying goodbye to members and investigators. On Thursday, some converts made us chunchules, or Pig intestines, which was definitely different. Definitely better than I expected though! They also made us Prietas (Blood Sausage) which are awesome.


A less-active archeology student let me shoot his crossbow, which was fun.


Oh, as for the changes, I’m staying here in Alameda. My new companion is going to be Elder Guariglia from Uruguay, who’ll be coming from Talca where he was a Zone Leader. There may only be 2 gringos in my zone this change, but we’ll have to see when the trainees get here.


I’m grateful to be here in Alameda.This change 100% of our new investigators were references which was awesome.Crazy, but awesome.


This week I’ve read a lot in 3 Nephi, studying the words of Christ to the Nephites. It’s made me think of President Nelson’s promise in General Conference that by studying Christ’s life we will come to know him and draw His power into our lives.


Much love,Elder Olson


Curico Zone before Changes





Pig intestines and potatoes



Crazy walk signal light

Shooting a crossbow

Trump in Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment