Monday, July 3, 2017

week 45: Happy American Independence Day!

July 3, 2017 

Friends and Family,

Hey everyone, sorry if this one`s a bit short, my Sunday Nights and monday mornings have gotten pretty busy lately so I don't have time to prewrite my letters as often.

This week flew by. I can`t believe that this transfer is halfway over.

We had a baptism this week! Well, the ward had a baptism. An 8 year old girl named Valentina who was baptized and confirmed Sunday. The ordinance and ceremony were short and sweet.

We started working with a man named Cristian, who the other Elders met at a funeral. He accepted a baptismal date this week. He's looking for work and really questioning his faith in whether or not God hears his prayers. He is a wonderful example of real intent, and I am excited to continue working with him. 

Yesterday Chile was in the Confederation Cup (kind of a pre world cup I think) soccer finals against Germany. It was the first time they'd made it to the final (or even qualified for the cup) so it was a pretty big deal, especially after beating Portugal and Cristiano Ronaldo. Sadly however they lost, and now we get a little bit more hate because everybody thinks my companion and I are Germans.

I was repassing 1 Nefi 13 and DyC 100 and I love to see how inspired the foundation of the United States was. Happy Independence Day to all those who live in the greatest country in the world! Meanwhile I'm enjoying it here in the second greatest country, where my companion and I made about a million American style burgers complete with potato salad and apple pie. God Bless the USA!!!

With love,

Elder Olson
Exchanges in Lontue with Elder Bitar
Making Burgers for Zone Pday Activity - Celebrating American Independence Day

No comments:

Post a Comment