Monday, October 24, 2016

(week 9) Dog Bites and Member Missionaries

Friends and Family,

It's been another full week! A lot of new experiences. For example, I had my first dog bite this week. I was just walking along minding my own business, and I'd kind of adjusted to all of the strays around here. There's a big old dog named Maxi who I may have mentioned before, who likes to follow us around when we're wearing missionary clothes. Whenever any dog tries to harrass us he scares them off pretty quick, but this time we were contacting and as I was walking down the street I just feel a dog's mouth close around my calf. I turned around and scared it off, but every time id turn back around it would come back. We had to chase it off about 15 times. It bit me hard enough to leave marks, but it didn't break skin so I'm not worried about any kind of infection.

We've picked up a neat little toy called a trompo, which my zone leader tought me how to throw. it's basically like a top, but you wrap it with a string and throw it. It takes some serious skill, but me and Elder Hinton from our casa have become slightly addicted. I can now pick it up off the ground while it's spinning and it 'dances' in my hand.

I'm towards the end of my time, but I'd like to share a scripture from DyC 38. Verse 27 says something along the lines of 'Be ye one, and if ye are not one ye are not mine.' At least in spanish that's pretty much what it says. Anyway, this verse stands out to me because of the HUGE role that members play in missionary work. We cannot do it without you. We need unity between missionaries and members. I know it can be difficult to find the opportunity in UT, but put in an effort to aid your missionaries and I PROMISE that you'll be blessed for it.

I love you all, until next week:


Elder Olson

Elder Olson and Elder Palmer

Elder Olson's house he shares with the other missionaries

study area on left

front entry (ironing station and hall "closet")

where he sleeps

leading to kitchen
 
Elder Olson and Palmer again

Elder Santini (Elder Olson's Trainer) and Elder Olson

a picture of an unfinished drawing on a member's wall. he took this pic for his little sister

The Elders making pizza together

Elder Santini eating who knows what
Elder Olson and his friend Elder Haar from the MTC

Elder Olson and Elder Santini

Elder Olson and his Mission President and others serving in his zone


No comments:

Post a Comment