Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Elder Olson Arrived in Chile

Note from Elder Olson's Mom to blog readers:
I'm sure he would LOVE emails and lots of prayers this first week. Thanks so much for supporting him in on his mission. Your letters and love mean so much!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

I made it to Chile! The plane rides down here were crazy long, but I placed a Book of Mormon with the Parasitoligist I sat next to who spoke not a word of English! The flight change went well, and all of my luggage made it through unharmed. I arrived yesterday at 3 a.m. at the casa of the secretaries. The house was packed, over 30 of us in only 16 twin beds. It was insane. We got up again at 7 to go to the mission office where we had an orientation and received our trainors. My trainor´s name es Elder Santini. Great guy from Hawaii, who won´t speak a word of English. He has a bit of a reputation for it. It´s really helpful having him speak Spanish all the time, and I'm glad he can understand when I cant remember how to say something in Spanish. I´ve been assigned to the San Clamente A area, in the Talca 1 Zone in the very south of the mission. It's been a big change, but so far everything is going as well as I could hope for. I'm stoked to have the opportunity to get out in the field and actually make a difference.

Les amo mucho, hasta next Monday (Pday now that I´m in the field)!

Elder Olson
Elder Olson is in the middle. (another missionary momma got this pic from her child and posted for us all to see...so grateful for social networking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment