Monday, July 9, 2018

week 98: Hastening the Work in the RAIN


NOTE: THE IMAGES ELDER OLSON TRIED TO SEND WITH THE EMAIL THIS WEEK DIDN'T COME THROUGH BUT SOME FROM LAST WEEK CAME IN ANOTHER EMAIL. MAYBE NEXT WEEK WE'LL GET THE ONES FROM THIS WEEK. 

Hey everyone,

Sorry but I don't have an audio for this week. We've been running nonstop all-day everyday.

It's been a pretty good week. We've been working very, very hard and talking with a LOT of people. I'm proud of us for having brought many members to our lessons (though we're only at about 50% so we have a lot of room for improvement). Members are the key to successful missionary work.

It rained a ton while I was on exchanges this week. Most of the streets were literally covered shin deep in water. Everybody here very concious of the rain and the fact that we get wet. You think we'd win some pity points, but more often we hear "what are you guys doing outside it's raining?!? Go home!" Sacrifice brings blessings.

I was asked to talk in sacrament meeting this week about "Hastening the work". President Harris has been talking to us a lot about a quote from President Nelson which says that missionary work will accelerate exponentially as we work with the ward mission leader and use family history. I'm working on finishing my My Family pamphlet (Mom I'm going to ask for help) and I've seen multiple times sparks of interest in the people we talk to as we mention family history. So, I talked in sacrament meeting about missionary work on the other side of the veil. It really called the attention of one of our non-members (we are now supposed to use the word "person" instead of investigator church wide) who attended. The members did a great job at greeting our people after the meetings. Pics below.

On the fourth I sported a red white and blue tie and brought a flag and the lyrics to the national anthem to our District council. It was the best I could do, but I was glad to celebrate somehow.

Today we did a zone activity doing yoga! We have a member here named Nayaret who is super into yoga, like came-to-church-last-week-with-a-forehead-jewel into yoga. She's traveled to india and thailand and japan and a bunch of other places learning about it. I think most of us were surprised at how much yoga can make you sweat. Afterwards we went to a super nice restaurant courtesy of my old friend Jaime, the mission dad of the Buin zone. I love that guy.

I ran out of computer time today with mission related stuff, sorry for not writing any of you back. Love you tons!!!

Elder Olson

IMAGES AND VIDS FROM LAST WEEK THAT DIDN'T COME THROUGH THEN BUT CAME THROUGH TODAY...

Happy Birthday to....
Can you spot the white tiger? This guy was in the Buin Zoo.
Tiger Video!

"Don't Touch Me!" says the sheep.

This is the WORD OF WISDOM pamphlet. I think it's a little out of place. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment