Monday, July 23, 2018

week 100: Family History

Hey all,

Sorry for not being able to send audio or video this week. We´re going to try to go to a different ciber this next week because the internet in this one doesn't let me send all of the stuff I'd like to (although
iut wasn´t much anyway).


This week was great! We've certainly felt the support of many prayers. We had triple our average lessons with member and we found more as many new friends as we had in the entire transfer. 


We had a great activity today, MTC Cribs (based off mtv cribs) and another little talent show with choripan. My comp and I sang a hymn in Haitian Creole and it turned out solid. 


We ran into an old friend (who we haven't taught in my time here but my comp had) in the street on sunday morning. He's had a rough time, and has turned to marijuana to try to forget his troubles. We invited him to church and he came with us! He only stayed a half hour, but I was glad he came.

We were blessed with a mission leader this week. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but I think he's going to do a fantastic job. He's excited to work with us. I'm grateful for his service.

This week I read a short autobiography from my Mom's grandfather Wayne Hansen this last week that was on our familysearch. I was impressed at all of the ways he gave of his talents to serve the lord, in church callings, career, and on a mission in Israel. I had no idea!


Love you all, sorry for the short letter, see you soon!!

Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment