Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Week 26: Missionary work is for everyone

2/22/2017

Friends and Family,

Hope you guys are all doing well. I'm doing great. I'm still loving Buin, still getting along with my comp, and still expecting a baptism this Saturday! Antonio had his interview last night and passed with flying colors.

Apart from that, this week has been a lot more walking than teaching. The bike I've been using is in pretty bad shape, so the mission took it in for repairs, leaving us to walk our sector. It's about a 45 minute walk to get to our area, so it's been a prettying interesting few days. Luckily we got our new bikes yesterday and are back to riding.

We also did a lot of service this week, putting in cement for some members. They rewarded us with a Mexican/Chilean mix BBQ, which was probably some of the best food I've had down here.

On PDay, we also practiced our empanada making skills and made empanadas for some less-active members. With all of this food, its no surprise that I'm getting fat. I've gained back the weight I lost plus about 15 lbs. I've started running with my comp in the mornings to try to stay in shape. He doesn't love running, but at least he gets out of the house with me.

This last week our branch had a baptism for the other Elders as well. The kid who was baptized (17 year old named Cristian) was a reference from a member. That member guided him through the process and is honestly the reason that he was baptized. Remember that missionary work isn't just for missionaries!

Love you guys,
Elder Olson

The cement work is drying in the back while the food is cooking on the bbq


No comments:

Post a Comment