Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 25: Welcome to Buin, Chile

2/14/17

Hey Everyone!

Sorry about last week, I forgot to send the pictures/letter when I got to the chapel. I've tried to take a ton of pictures to make up for it, so hopefully you can all forgive me.

As some of you know, this week I got transferred to Buin C in the north end of the mission. My new companion's name is Elder Terrazas. He's about 5'1", obedient but not "square," chill, quiet, and the #2 Clash of Clans player in Bolivia so that's pretty dope.

This sector is basically the best thing ever. We're in the Buin branch of the Buin district, and the mission work here with the members is great. The ward mission leader is a machine. He's a bodybuilder who isn't afraid to accompany us and talk to/organize the members. The ward has the most complete mission plan I've ever seen. The members support us and feed us more than we could ask for, and the house has a guitar. We have bikes here as well, which is a fun change of pace. I couldn't have asked for a better area.

This week we set a baptismal date for what I think will be my first baptism on the mission. His name is Antonio, he's 10 years old, his mom is less active and his sister is a recent convert. He reads, prays, and goes to church, and is on track to be baptized the 25th of this month.

During my study this week I came across a quote from President Lorenzo Snow that caught my attention. It says:
“There is no mortal man that is so much interested in the success of an elder when he is preaching the gospel as the Lord that sent him to preach to the people who are the Lord’s children”
The Lord really cares about each one of his lost sheep.

Amor,
Elder Olson

The street where they live

the Buin Area

Elder Olson's first area with a bike


Elder Olson in Buin
Pretty trellis and path leading up to the apartment/casa

Sleeping quarters in the house

coming in to the house

Kitchen and eating area

Making Empanadas with the members

Elder Terrazas and Elder Olson and little Chilean girl making Empanadas

Elder Terrazas and Elder Olson and 2 Chilean Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment