Friday, December 2, 2016

Week 14: Feeling better & #LighttheWorld

11/29/16

Hola Friends y Familia!

It's been a pretty uneventful week down here. I've been glad to get out of the house a little bit after being so sick. It's seriously super hot down here, we're walking around in 95* heat every day. It's weird to think of snow back in the Promised Land.

This week I found my first good Chilean empanadas. I'd heard a lot in the CCM about how amazing the empanadas are down here, but before this weekend I hadn't found any worth eating. BUT there's an Empanada shop we found in Rancagua when we went to visit the Doctor, and the empanadas were fantastic.

On PDay we had the chance to take a Bus tour of Talca as a zone. It was an awesome change of pace and I've attached a bunch of pictures.

This week we've also had the opportunity to participate in the #LighttheWorld Christmas initiative. For any of you who haven't had the chance to see the video, I highly recommend checking it out on mormon.org. Along with the video, there are ways to serve others for every day of the coming month leading up to Christmas. I'll be participating in the international day of service on the first of the month as well! I hope you all put in the effort to follow Christ a little more fully this Christmas Season.

I Love You All Tons,
Elder Jacob Olson

Elder Olson on the PDay bus tour of Talca
Images of Talca Tour (Sorry I don't know what any of them are)





























No comments:

Post a Comment