Wednesday, November 16, 2016

week 12 Continued: Letter Writing By Hand/photo

(note from mom: because he gets so little computer time, I told him to physically write his letter some time on Pday and send me a photo from his wifi camera of his hand written letter on the days he can get wifi for free at the church when he goes for zone meetings. So we were happy to receive a photo of this letter today along with the other photos ) 

Friends and Family,

We've figured out a new system for my weekly emails, so hopefully we won't have any more repeats of last Monday and I'll be able to write in a little more detail.

We taught the Word of Wisdom to two of our investigator families last week, and it's something very difficult for the both of them. We also took away the baptismal date from a family of our investigators (Alexander and his family, in photo attached), because we didn't feel that they were ready. It was definitely our fault looking back, which stinks, but we're still working with them and I'm very hopeful.

I went on exchanges this week in a bike sector in Talca. I've decided I love bikes, way more interesting and efficient than walking. We also visited a super ghetto area, where I was offered Marijuana and was hit on by a bunch of teenage girls and a homosexual kid, so that was interesting.

We had transfers this week, and I'll be staying in San Clemente with Elder Santini to finish out my training and his mission. Only Elder Hinton left from our house and was replaced by another Brasilian, Elder Melo. I'll miss speaking English with E. Hinton but I'm sure this will help me with the language.

This week in my studies, I came across the last 6 or 7 verses of D&C 121. It reminded me of the power we can have in our lives, from the priesthood and from the spirit, if we are worthy of it. As a missionary, I need that power every day, and I promise that if you strive to be worthy of it, that power will bless your life as well.
Les amo,
Elder Olson

Alexander's Familia 

They made a huge cookie

Elder Olson with the local livestock

Elder Olson with Rastafarian Charazard (pic for his little brother)

Elder Olson, Elder Santini (his trainer), Elder Hinton, Elder _______

Elders cooking up meat at the Zone BBQ



No comments:

Post a Comment