Monday, May 14, 2018

week 90: Happy Mother's Day

Monday, May 14, 2018 (from audio transcription)

Hey everyone, this is week 1 of change number 15. It's probably going to be a pretty short recording. Not a lot of super crazy stuff has happened this week. 

We're here getting haircuts right now. So I figured I'd take advantage to make a quick recording. 

So this week, Elder Figueroa, my companion, went home. Well he goes home technically tomorrow morning, but he went up to Rancagua and he went to the temple in Santiago and then spent the weekend in Rancagua. So I've been with Elder Perry from Draper, here in Curico for the last couple of days. We made the trip to Licantén once, to attend church and everything because they need our help there. Elder Perry actually had to give a talk. It's not even his ward, but they made him do a talk in Sacrament Meeting. So it was pretty good. 

On, I think Friday, when we ate lunch with Elder Perry and the Zone Leaders, we were all eating lunch together and one of the Zone Leaders, his name is Elder Halverson, he told a story about how he had gotten flipped off that day in the morning by some guy driving. So he was laughing about it and it turns out we were overheard by some old lady and she didn't understand. And she asked her granddaughter who was there, "What is that? What does that mean?" And he was like, "No, it's just you put your middle finger up and.." And the lady was like, "Oh, like this?" And she started to give us all the bird and for probably about 20 minutes she probably flipped us off 20-30 times...and it was this little old lady, who's been a member for a few years. It was pretty funny. So that was something different that happened this week I guess. Haha.

In Licantén, in church on Sunday, I also gave a talk on the Mother's day theme, but the second counselor was directing the meeting and he gets up and he was like, "We'd like to give a special welcome to all the mothers who are here today." And there was this OLD grandpa, who's an aetheist but he comes to church sometimes because of his family there. So the counselor says, "We want to extend a special welcome to all the mothers today. Happy Mothers Day." And the old guy was like, "THANKS" (really low voice). And so like the counselors in the bishopric were trying not to laugh, and my companion was just dying in the front row. He was laughing so hard but trying to cover his mouth up. And I'm up at the piano trying not to smile too much. It was pretty funny though.

And then yesterday we had the chance to talk with the family, so that was awesome. It was probably the best video call, on my end at least. I really enjoyed it.

We found out the changes this week...the transfers. I am going to be staying in Licantén for another month and a half at least. I am going to be with Elder Garcia, from Mexico. So that'll be cool. He's pretty young in the mission. He's got under a year. He, from what I hear, is pretty reserved, pretty quiet. But Elder Figueroa was also a pretty reserved guy, didn't talk a ton. So that won't be too different. Things'll be pretty calm out there in Licantén. But it should be good. I'm excited to have a comp who's probably a little more willing to work this change. So this is going to be really cool. So I stayed in Curico last night and then tonight I'm also going to be staying here in Curico because we pick up my companion from the bus terminal tomorrow morning.

Our Zone got changed a little bit. They switched out a couple of the sectors and also closed one of the areas in our district so now we are only 10 missionaries in our zone which is very very few. So it should be a pretty different change, I think, from our last one and I think probably in a good way. I think we'll be a little more productive this next change, be a little bit more of a team with my companion so I'm excited for that. I'm excited to work. Ready to finish it out strong. Going into these last couple of months. 

Love you all. Hope you're all doing good. Hope everybody had a happy mother's day. take care. Bye!

Elder Olson


PS- A fun little Mother`s Day study for you all... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Alma 53:13-14, 18, 20-21; 56:44-48, 56; 57:57

no electricity Sunday morning

I hear that flute Memes and videos are kind of the rage right now so enjoy a small musical number from Elders Olson and Figueroa
Farewell BBQ for Elder Figueroa



Elder Figueroa and Elder Olson
Elder Perry, Elder Olson, Elder Theiss


Elder Olson, Elder Theiss, Elder ?, Elder Perry, P-Day Pals


No comments:

Post a Comment