Monday, April 9, 2018

week 85: Three Changes to go

April 9, 2018

Transfer 14 Week 2

Hey all,

Sorry for not having a recording for you, we had a surprise special trip to Talca today. More on that in a bit.

I'm doing well, I've been a little sick but I'm hanging on. It's been mostly a cough and congestion in my lungs (lame), and the other night I had a slight fever, but don't worry Mom I'm feeling a bit better :) I found some pills at a liquor store that have been helping (there's no pharmacy in Licantén). It hasn't been bad enough to keep me in bed, so we're still out and going 100%.

We've been working hard this week. I don't remember if I've mentioned our Haitian friend Max, but he's still coming to church but having trouble getting his answer and accepting a firm baptismal date. Darling is SUPER excited for her baptism. She and her mom Karen came to church on Sunday and are doing very well. On Tuesday we had changes. 

Elder Figueroa is very relaxed and easygoing, so we get along pretty well. He's not a big fan of the gym, but I got him to come with me once this week (I wasn't feeling great the other days). He's agreed on every other day for now.

Today we're in Talca for my companion's visa. We had to travel on Thursday of last week as well. The secretaries like to do this thing where they call us the night before and surprise us by telling us that we have to make 2 hour trips at 6am the next day. It's ok though, Elder Lee is also doing his visa so I've really liked being able to catch up with him. Great guy. Because today is Pday I went to the Talca Zone activity where E Haar is ZL and my trainee E Hiatt is in, so it was cool to catch up with them as well.

Well I hope I'm not forgetting anything, and I hope you're all doing well.

Les quiero,

Elder Olson

Me and Elder Haar.


No comments:

Post a Comment