Monday, November 13, 2017

week 64: New investigators & Long-suffering

November 13, 2017

¡Hola Todos!

¡Ejalé!

Hope you're all doing well. I didn't do an audio because we've been moving at a million miles an hour so sorry about that.
Haha I think this week God has been helping me develop my long-suffering. That's not to say that it was too bad, but we had A LOT of appointments fall through. 2 out of our 7 baptismal dates fell as well, Felipe and Felipe, more on them in a minute.
Mwen vle kapab pale creole! While on intercambios I took E Rogers from Fresno to see our Haitian investigators. He speaks almost fluent creole, because when we were in the same zone in buin almost all of their investigators were Haitians. I understood about 40% of the lesson, which is actually not bad! I need to practice more though.
As a mission we've implemented a new referral system that I dont know if I mentioned. Basically whenever anybody in our zone receives a reference it becomes the responsibility of my companion and I to track and verify the teaching of those referrals. It's a lot of extra homework for Elder Davis and I.
All of our appointmebnts falling this week was in a way a blessing. My companion and I found 8 new investigators this week, which ties for our record from last change here.
Felipe and Felipe jr are two of our long time investigators who were supposed to get baptized on the 25th of November. Felipe has a slight difficulty with leaving wine. He won't get serious about it. He says he's received his answer about the BoM and wants to get baptized with his son. BUT they won't keep commitments. They could use your prayers as we decide this week whether or not we have to leave them.
Well that's gonna have to be all for today, but I'll have an audio for you next week!

With love,
Elder Olson





No comments:

Post a Comment