Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 43: Curico

Hey Friends and Fam,

Hey all, sorry I forgot to write out a group letter by hand, so this one might not be quite so detailed :)

This week has been my first here in the Alameda Ward in Curico. I haven't been able to spend as much time in the sector as I would've liked thanks to our meetings. On Thursday we went up to Rancagua for leadership council with the other mission leaders. It was very long, and while I love trainings with President I've certainly had better. Then on Saturday, we trained our district leaders on everything we'd talked about in leadership council.

My new companion, Elder Heap, is awesome. He "dies" (finishes the mission) this change. He's from the country in Arizona. Really chill.

The sector seems pretty good. I LOVED Buin, so it'll be quite the adjustment. I also feel a lot of pressure to baptize here, especially seeing how I'm a Zone Leader and should be setting the example.. There are a lot of great converts here, and all of our new investigators this week were references from members, so that's cool.

The city is pretty down here. Much larger than Buin.

Also Elder Villegas called me from Buin yesterday, and it looks like one of my investigators, Berny, there in church this week told them "Hey so, I wanna be baptized". He'll be baptized July 9. He wanted me to be there, we'll have to see if we can maybe work out some kind of skype call. But we as missionaries were only able to visit him twice, which goes to show that God does the work, and luckily He loves us missionaries enough to let us participate.

Mucho amor,
Elder Olson

Some photos from Buin and then from my new area, Curico
Goodbye Familia Rodriguez
Jaime (Brother James) second from the left. He liked to feed us missionaries in Buin

Investigator Carolina and her family. She's 10 days smoke free. Pray for her to keep it up. (and those aren't gang signs BTW)

 Photos from Curico...
From Chile to Alaska

Pano from apartment balcolny

Selfie on the balcony looking over part of Curico

No comments:

Post a Comment