Wednesday, May 31, 2017

week 39-40: Prayer Works!

5/28/17

Hey all,

Congrats to all who graduated in this last week, and to those who are receiving mission calls! It's crazy to think that Summer is starting up there when it's so cold down here. We've started using the electric blankets, and the electric heaters are always on full blast. I'm hoping for snow, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

This week our efforts to work with members have started paying off. We have 2 great new investigators who are references from members, 1 of which we're teaching in the house of the member. Until now, I thought that teaching situations like that were only possible in the magical world of the Preach My Gospel training videos. We also have members offering to accompany us in lessons and even to contact.

This week we also wrote a song for our zone. I'll try to send a video (Elder Olson tried but the internet connection was too slow this week).

Yesterday I had a cool little experience with prayer. The other Elders in my district were arguing, and left the house angry with each other.I prayed specifically for them and the sisters in my district before we left. When we got home, the Elders were super excited about all of the new investigators they found that day, including a professional chef who'd given them all kinds of food. I also talked to the sisters, who were thrilled about the 4 baptismal dates they were able to set that day. I love seeing answers to my prayers, even when they're small experiences like this one.

Much Love,
Elder Olson

Cool Old-Fashioned Car

Zone Pday gathering

Came across a car accident

No comments:

Post a Comment